Angel One Demat Account: Dear Readers, Today we are sharing the full details about Angel One Broking, Angel One Demat Account, Angel One Trading Account, Angel One Demat Account opening charges, Angel One Maintain charges and much more details about it, so keep reading the post till the end and learn some thing new about the Angel One Demat Account.
Angel One Demat Account
Angel One Limited, formerly known as Angel Broking Limited, is an Indian stockbroker firm established in 1996. The company is a member of the Bombay Stock Exchange, National Stock Exchange of India, National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited and Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited. It is a depository participant with Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL). The company offers multiple online trading apps, Services include online stock broking, depository services, commodity trading and investment advisory services, personal loans and insurance, portfolio management services, IPOs business and mutual funds distribution. Angel One founded on 8th August 1996; 26 years ago by Angel One founder Dinesh D. Thakkar.
Angel One Referral Code: 302541TAM
Angel One has a strong presence with 110 branches, 11,000 trading terminals, and over 18,000 authorized persons in 1800+ cities of India as of 2022. The entity has over 1 crore registered users and app downloads. The stock broker offers a unified trading app to trade and invest in every security from one place. Angel One is famous for its excellent trading software’s and investment advisory. Angel is a highly reputed full-service broker offering discount brokerage rates to its customers.
Read More- Open Zerodha Demat Account
What is a Demat Account?
Demat Account or Dematerialization Account is used to electronically store your investments like Shares, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Bonds, Government securities etc without any paperwork. Initially, stocks and shares used to be exchanged via physical receipts called certificates. This included lengthy paperwork and took up a lot of time. To counter this and to take advantage of an electronic trading platform which was gaining traction in West and the Asian Markets, the process of dematerialization (demat) of shares was initiated in 1996. Physical share certificates were converted into electronic form securities of equivalent number and price and were credited to the investor’s demat account. Thus, the advent of trading commenced this way.
Things to know before opening Angel One Demat Account:
The current online account opening process has made it really simple to open Demat account. In fact, in the current system, you don’t even have to visit the broker’s office for account opening. You can simply fill in the electronic form, update mobile number and email id, and complete KYC compliance with a preferred DP and get a Demat account open under an hour. But as an informed investor, you must be aware of the following.
Documents needed for Demat: You need a list of documents to complete the KYC process. It includes:
- Identification Proof:
- Voter Identity Card
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card with photograph
- Driving Licence
- College Identity cards
- Address proof:
- Latest electricity/ telephone/ post-paid cell phone/ gas pipeline/ water bill
- Bank account statement
- Land Receipt
- Ration Card
- Bank account details
You will get a list of documents required for account opening from the DP. Make sure you provide the correct documents DETAILS to avoid your application getting rejected.
Charges: There is an array of fees collected by the broker, ranging from taxes levied by SEBI to operational fees. Charges are a crucial metric to select the right broking house since these are additional costs you would need to bear along with capital fund investment.
Linking Demat: You need a trading account before open a Demat Account, linked to your Demat, to carry out trading. You can have trading and Demat accounts with separate broking houses. But it adds to the process requirement of transferring scrips from one account to another and transaction time. For faster and more seamless transactions, you may open both the accounts with the same broker, and currently broker directly open both account.
File nomination: Registering nominee to your Demat account saves a lot of time and hassle in the future and it is mandatry by SEBI & RBI to register Nominee in your bank account and Demat Account and also to your mutual fund portfolio. It is an important step that we often ignore. However, we suggest naming a nominee for your account while opening the Demat.
Read More- Fisdom App Invest in Mutual Fund
How to Open Angel One Demat Account Online?
Demat Account Opening is an easy process with these simple steps :
- First of all, you have to open this link in your browser Sing up via link
- Submit your personal details like Name, Mobile, Current City and verify mobile number via OTP.
- Enter Angel One Referral Code: 302541TAM
- Choose a Depository Participant (DP) to open the account with. A beneficial owner (BO ) account is opened with the depository.
- Complete eKYC and upload the supporting documentation copies of proof of address, proof of identity, proof of income etc. PAN card is mandatory to open the account.
- You will be provided with a copy of the rules and regulations as well as the necessary charges to be paid to your DP. An in-person verification will be conducted by a representative of the DP to confirm all the details and documentation provided by the investor.
- Once approved and documentation is submitted, your Demat account is opened and operational, you will be shared your login id on your email and your number.
- Now download Angel One App in your smartphone and login.
Advantages of Opening Angel One Demat Account:
- Convenience: Users can now trade for different investment options such as shares, stocks, index and gold, bonds, Government securities, initial public offerings(IPOs), Exchange traded funds (ETFs), non-convertible debentures(NCDs), mutual funds, etc which are traded on Indian exchanges (BSE/NSE) via a single Demat account with zero paperwork.
- Restrictions with Offline Trading: SEBI has permitted trading of upto 500 shares in physical form, as includes an excessive inconvenience of maintenance and tracking.
- Auto Sync: All the transactions done via Demat Account are automatically reflected in real time.
- Security: Investors need not worry about the safety of the physical share holdings or any frauds that might happen in offline trading.
- Accessibility: Investors can track and access their portfolios in real time with just a few clicks.
- Zero Balance Account Opening: Investors can open a Demat account with Zero balance.
Read More- Upstox Pro App Free Demat Account
Common Terms of Angel One Demat Account
While using a Demat Account, you will come across the below terms often:
- Depository: At present, two depositories are registered with SEBI (i) CDSL – Central Depository of Securities Ltd. (ii) NSDL – National Depository of Securities Ltd. These depositories hold your demat account on your behalf. The work is similar to that of a bank.
- Depository Participant(s)(DP):All investors deal with the depository (CDSL/NSDL) through an agent. Financial institutions, scheduled commercial banks, foreign banks having operations in India approved by RBI (Reserve bank of India), stock brokers, clearing corporations or houses, state financial corporations, NBFCs, share transfer agent, etc., which comply with the conditions proposed by SEBI can be registered as a DP. Banking services can be availed through a branch; similarly depository services can be availed via a DP.
- Portfolio Holding:The demat account enables you to view your portfolio holdings of investments every time a transaction is undertaken. Since it is an automated process every purchase and sale is recorded with the minutest details of price, date of purchase or date of purchase, quantity etc.
- Unique ID:Every single demat account has a unique verification identity number. This is used during transactions to aid the companies to identify and credit the securities in the specific investor’s account. It is a unique 16 digit number, the first eight digits are the DP id, and the last 8 are the Client Id ( investor account).
Read More – Groww App Referral Code- SANDEEP19459
Facilities Offered by Angel One Demat Account
Demat account opening offers a wide range of facilities for the investor. Let us look at a few of them below:
- Transfer of Investments: A demat account aids the transfer of shares of an investor. By filling in a Delivery Instruction Slip ( DIS ) with all the relevant investor specifics, it enables an effortless transfer of shares. However, it is not only limited to shares, but various investments or security holding can also be transferred through such an account.
- Dematerialisation and Rematerialisation: A demat account assists the conversion of securities into different formats easily. By instructing your DP (depository participant) for dematerialisation, to carry out the formalities to convert the physical share certificate into an electronic form. On the other hand, the investor can get their electronic security holding converted back to the physical form via the process of Rematerialization, wherein an RRF – Remat Request form is to be filled in by the DP.
- Loan Facility: the securities held in the account can provide the investors with their exact and detailed holding to enable them to apply for a loan from a bank or financial institution. The securities can be provided as collateral towards the loan.
- Corporate Actions: Such accounts assist the investor in tracking and maintaining their securities. This is specifically required to monitor split of any equity shares, bonus issues or any other action taken by the companies for their shareholders. These are directly updated in the account.
- Freezing your demat account: Investors are provided with the option to freeze their accounts for a specific period or as per requirement. At times this is undertaken to prevent unexpected activities in the account. However, to avail this facility a particular amount of shares should be present in the investor’s account.
- Speed E- facility: NSDL has provided an electronic facility for their investors to complete a transaction through the submission of an e-slip which is then sent to their DP.
Angel One services provide all of the above mentioned demat facilities to their investors and more convenient and easy methods for trading.
Read More- Top 5 Best Mutual Fund Apps In India
Additional Features Of Demat Account
These are some of the additional benefits you can enjoy with a Demat account.
Consolidation: It is possible to consolidate different portfolios of the same company to create a new portfolio. You can forward the physical certificates with a letter duly signed seeking consolidation to the RSTA of the company.
Account types: Demat account can take different forms, just like a bank account. You can open a joint Demat account, or in the name of a corporation, multiple accounts, and even in the name of a minor. However, a minor’s Demat account will need a guardian to operate the account.
Transaction Charges: Opening a Demat account comes with its fair share of charges which would involve an annual maintenance fee, a transaction fee or commission for every transaction carried out by the DP. Additionally, depending on the DP a fee may be charged for dematerialisation of the shares. But on the brighter side, there are no mandates to sustain a minimum balance. Such accounts can be opened without holding any securities.
Angel One Demat Account Pros (Advantages)
The following are the advantages of Angel One. You must read Angel One advantages and disadvantages before opening an account with Angel One. Angel One pros and cons help you find if it suits your investment needs.
- Full-service brokerage services are available at ultra-low brokerage fees.
- Flat fee stockbroker charging Rs 20 per order across segments and exchanges. Brokerage free equity delivery trades.
- Training and hand-holding are available for beginners.
- Margin trading facility and securities as collateral are available.
- Do not charge for NEFT/fund transfers. (Others charge ~Rs 10 per).
- Only charge Rs 20 for intraday square-off and call & trade (others charge Rs 50).
- Free advisory/tips for stocks and mutual funds (Others do not).
- Local sub-broker/RM services even at a discount brokerage.
- Facility to call RM if there are issues (Other popular brokers always have busy lines)
Angel One Demat Account Cons (Disadvantage’s)
The following are the cons of Angel One. Check the list of Angel One drawbacks.
- Margin funding is given to the customers without notice. This cases major confusion and customer paying hefty interest charges.
- Angel one doesn’t offer trading in SME share.
- Angel RM and sales team tries to cross sale other products and services.
- GTC/GTT order facility not available.
- Doesn’t offer 3-in-1 account.
Angel One Demat Account Margin Exposure:
Angel One margin for intraday trading is up to 20% of trade value (max 5x leverage) based on the stock. Angel One F&O intraday trading margin is 1.3x across Equity, Currency, and Commodity trading at BSE, NSE, and MCX. There is no additional margin offered for Angel One F&O carry forward positions and equity delivery trades.
|Equity Delivery||100% of trade value||1x|
|Equity Intraday||Up to 20% of trade value||5x|
|F&O (Equity, Currency and Commodities)||100% of NRML margin (Span + Exposure)||1x|
Angel One Branches:
Angel One offers its services through:
- Offline Broking (Branches, Sub-Brokers and Franchise)
Angel One has the largest network of offices across India. Its bricks and mortar stores exist in over 900 cities across India with over 18500+ offices. The Angel One offices offer personalized customer service, trading desk or dealer’s desk, relationship manager and investment advisory to over a million customers.
- Online e-Broking
Angel also offers online trading and investment services to customers who can trade by themselves. Angel’s in-house developed trading platform offers all the tools online customers need to trade or invest with Angel. Angel offers additional discounts on brokerage charges to customers who choose to trade online instead of through the branch offices.
How to close Angel One Demat Account?
An Angel One customer can close the account by submitting an account closure form (signed in paper format) to the broker. Angel One account cannot be closed online, via phone or by email.
The account closure form must be signed by all the account holders in case of a joint account. Steps to close Angel One account
- Download the Angel One Account Closure Form PDF.
- Print the form and fill it with the below details:
- Tick Trading, DP (Demat) or both accounts to close.
- Client ID.
- Names of the account holders.
- Address of the primary account holder.
- Reason for closing the account.
- Trading KYC code.
- Submit the signed form to the nearest Angel One office or send it to the address provided in the form.
- There should be no outstanding dues/negative balance in your account.
- There should be no holdings in the Demat account. Transfer the stock holdings to another Demat account or sell off as desired.
- Close open F&O positions, if any.
- Regular Demat account- Traders who reside in India use this type of account.
- Repatriable Demat account – This account is useful to the Non-Resident Indians as it allows fund transfers abroad. It requires an associated NRE bank account.
- Non- Repatriable Demat account – This account, too, is for the Non-Resident Indians. However, in this case, funds cannot be transferred abroad, and this account requires an associated NRO bank account.
Yes, the Demat account opening is free of cost. However, there a few additional charges.
- An Annual Maintenance Charge or AMC. Pay Rs 0 during the first year and after that, only Rs 20 per month + taxes.
- A one-time charge of Rs. 50/- for POA + taxes
- Rs. 36/- for KRA along with applicable service taxes.
To know more about free Demat and trading account opening, click here.
Any individual who is a resident of India with the required proof of identification, proof of address, proof of income can open a demat account to purchase and sell securities and other instruments through the stock exchanges in India.
Yes, nomination facility is available in demat account.
It is advisable for all individual beneficial owners to avail of this facility. Resident Individuals, NRIs presently having or opening new accounts either singly or jointly can appoint a nominee. If the account is held jointly all the joint account holders are required to sign the nomination form. The nomination can be changed or updated as and when required. However, Non-individuals including society, Karta of Hindu Undivided Family, Trust, corporate body or holder of power of attorney cannot nominate.